A Blog of encouragement for life in the 21st Century

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

School Days

library_stacks_DA
Back in school again. Self inflicted suffering. I didn't have to do this again. After all, I have a good job, a home, beautiful family etc., etc., etc. What do I have to prove? That I can still do it? Nah!

It boils down to this:
I still like to learn. I think life becomes so boring when we get comfortable in what we know. I don't want to ever stop learning and growing. Stagnation...YUCK! Gotta keep movin'.

I am passionate about the organizations that I belong to. My church, my job, my family. I want to see them thrive and grow. It really irks me when there is disorganization and dysfunction around. I get these, "I must rid the universe of disorganization" feelings that I must satisfy(ok, maybe a little over dramatic, but do you sense the passion?).

I'm studying Organizational Leadership. It is waaaaay cool. It's just opening my eyes to a lot of things that I already knew, but couldn't put into words. I think that my calling is becoming more apparent to me.

I hope to share a couple of tidbits with you over the next few weeks.

Here's one:
What are the 4 characteristics that people want most in a leader?

I'll let you know the answer in an upcoming post. Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home