A Blog of encouragement for life in the 21st Century

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Amazing Grace

I was thinking about grace this morning and came up with my very own Ed Wing definition:

"Grace is God's favorable input into our lives
to narrow the gap between what we have and what we desperately need"


- Ed Wing "Winging It", 2004

I like this definition because it reminds me that there actually is a gap. One that is actually impossible for me to fill. I liken my ability to fill it to flipping a teaspoon of dirt into the Grand Canyon. Not very effective. I can't really even fathom the width and depth of that gap. I need more than I even realize.

God inputs exactly what is needed to get the job done. And with great undeserved favor as well. He is committed to finishing the job. Even more than I am with having the job finished!

Humility recognizes our personal need and rests on the provision of the Father through Jesus. His grace is that provision. We need only ask and wait for a hearty supply daily.



Just a thought

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home